For the second time in the recent history of Spain, a state of alarm is decreed due to the health crisis caused by the coronavirus. From LAW4DIGITAL we will keep you updated on any new legislation that may affect your company.
On March 14, 2020, Royal Decree 463/2020 entered into force, declaring a state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19.
The state of alarm is regulated in article 116 of the Spanish Constitution and in Organic Law 4/1981, of June 1. Its declaration is foreseen for situations that could seriously alter normality, such as health crises caused by epidemics, as is the case of the crisis caused by COVID.
Among the measures adopted, the following stand out:
- The limitation of the freedom of movement of people during the state of alarm, with few exceptions (such as going to the place of work considered essential).
- Possibility of temporary searches, especially of security services or critical and essential operators.
- The suspension of face-to-face educational activity at any level of education.
- The suspension of the opening to the public of retail premises and establishments, except for those intended for the following products: food, beverages, basic necessities and goods, pharmaceutical establishments, health establishments, veterinary centers or clinics, opticians and orthopedic products, hygienic products, press and stationery, automotive fuel, tobacconists, technological and telecommunications equipment, food for pets, internet, telephone or correspondence commerce, dry cleaners, laundries and the professional practice of hairdressing at home.
- The suspension of certain procedural deadlines is foreseen.
As a result of the state of alarm, the executive is approving a wide variety of legal measures whose main novelties we will share with you to keep you informed of the progress of the situation.
This publication does not constitute legal advice.
Free legal advice for COVID
Finally, and although we are lawyers specialized in digital businesses, from LAW4DIGITAL we would like to contribute our grain of sand and take the opportunity to inform you that while the state of alarm lasts, We will also be offering free legal advice for COVID to health professionals and members of the State security forces and bodies who are helping us so much in these complicated days.
How can LAW4DIGITAL help you?
At LAW4DIGITAL we are lawyers specialized in digital business. We provide comprehensive legal advice to digital companies. We help you with online legal advice.
We will keep you updated about digital business. In any case, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com, calling (+34) 931 444 820 or filling out our contact form at law4digital.com.
We look forward to seeing you in the next post!