Royal Decree 11/2020 incorporates a series of measures with limitations on online gambling and betting companies that come into force as of April 3, 2020.
The measures apply to the following types of business, especially when carried out online:
- Lottery, betting and any other gambling activities, in which amounts of money are risked, that is, through betting.
- Raffles and contests, in which participation is made through an economic consideration.
- Games of an occasional nature, which differ from the rest of the games foreseen in the previous sections due to their sporadic nature.
- They are also applicable to gaming activities carried out by people from outside Spain who organize or offer gaming activities to residents in Spain.
In the above cases, the following restrictions are established:
- Communications that refer to COVID or challenge the consumption of gambling activities in the context of COVID are prohibited.
- During the validity of the State of Alarm, these entities may not carry out the following activities:
– Carry out advertising that includes bonuses, bonuses, discounts, betting or game gifts, odds multipliers or prizes or any other similar mechanism.
– They can only advertise in the time slot between 1 and 5 in the morning.
In case of non-compliance, online gaming companies could face fines for amounts of up to 6,000 euros and a suspension of activity for up to a maximum of 3 months.
Finally, keep in mind that the regulation is constantly changing during the State of Alarm and the previous circumstances could be altered while it lasts.
This publication does not constitute legal advice.
Free legal advice for COVID
Although we are lawyers specialized in digital businesses, we remind you that, while the state of alarm lasts, from LAW4DIGITAL We will also be offering free legal advice for COVID to health professionals and members of the State security forces and bodies who are helping us so much in these complicated days.
How can LAW4DIGITAL help you?
At LAW4DIGITAL we are lawyers specialized in digital business. We provide comprehensive legal advice to digital companies. We help you with online legal advice.
We will keep you updated about digital business. In any case, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, calling (+34) 931 444 820 or filling out our contact form at law4digital.com.
We look forward to seeing you in the next post!